Robert McLister, editor of the Canadian mortgage trends blog and a mortgage planner, with Rob Carrick from the Globe and Mail discuss rising interest rates and their effect on mortgages.
- Is a variable rate or locked-in mortgage rate better when interest rates are rising?
- What should you do if you are uncomfortable with the risks of a variable rate mortgage?
- Historically, how good is a 5 year mortgage rate at 4.3%-4.5%?
- With rates already starting to move up, is it too late to renegotiate a mortgage that you have at a higher rate?
- What is an interest rate differential (IRD)?
« Back to Videos