3 steps to request a change
- Wait until you receive your notice of assessment before you request the change. Do not file another tax return for that same year.
- Complete and send the T1 Adjustment Request form to the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). Or you can make changes online at My Account on the CRA website.
- Send any documents to the CRA to support the changes you want to make.
The CRA will take about 8 weeks to review and process your request. Then it will send you:
- a notice of reassessment showing any changes to your return, or
- a letter explaining why it did not accept the changes you requested.
You can request a change to tax returns from the last 10 years. Learn more about how to make a change.
You can request a change to tax returns from the last 10 tax years.